Metacognitive-Activated learners create their own ideas, strategies and routines to kick-start, initiate and sustain their own learning. They persist even in the face of early failure and develop a strong sense of learner resilience.
These Learners know and can articulate:
- Plans for tackling new learning
- Strategies they can use to solve problems
- Their own progress towards achieving a learning target
- How they use feedback to improve their work
- What they will do next time to improve performance.
This course provides an opportunity for teachers to work collaboratively, sharing and exploring a range of metacognitive awareness building strategies for students across all grades and ability levels. Participants will be able to:
- Define metacognition and understand its impact on reading skills development and thinking generally
- Support students to understand and recognise their own metacognitive thinking
- Plan for and deliver explicit instruction using a range of strategies that help students become metacognitive.
WHO SHOULD ENROL? Teachers and Leaders.
STANDARDS: This 6 hour course addresses standards 3.3.2, 5.2.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
MODEL AND COSTS:
6 Hour Program: $290 + GST pp
Dates and Locations:
Dates and Locations are currently being confirmed for this course.
Venue details will be emailed to you prior to the course commencement.
For on-site costing contact us:
0447 434 229
0419 276 197